September 29, 2021 Introduction to Structured Teaching for Students with Autism
Time: Registration: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Lunch will be on your own outside the building)
Credit: CPDUs, CEUs, NASP, and Speech CEs will be provided for 5 clock hours for each session.
Presenters: L.E.A.S.E. Coordinators
Participants: Minimum: 12 Maximum: 30
*Please note masks will be required at all times in the building. Social distancing and cleaning will also be implemented.
A prerequisite for the LEASE Introduction to Autism Workshops, is to complete an online training, “Characteristics of Autism” by Pamela Leonard, through www.myinfinitec.org. Registration for this website is required in order to view the online training. Directions for the prerequisite training are as follows:
- Visit http://www.myinfinitec.org
- Login and click on the Online Classroom
- Scroll down to the Resource header
- Choose Autism from the drop down menu
- The required presentation is 03 The Characteristics of Autism a Day to Day Look Presented by Pamela Leonard. You do not need to view 01 or 02 presentations.
This workshop will provide participants with researched- based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards.
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
1) Develop physical structures, schedules, and work systems for students with Autism, 2) Assess the structure of their classroom for students with Autism, 4) Develop a plan for their students outlining schedules, work systems, and tasks.
Pre-registration is required by September 22, 2021.
Please make checks payable to LEASE.
Workshop Cancellation Procedure: Refunds will only be given for cancellations that occur five working days prior to the start of the workshop. Registrations received but not cancelled will still be subject to the workshop fees.
Parking is available in front of the building and on both sides of Boyce Memorial Drive. Please use front entrance.
Special Needs: Please notify LEASE if you require special accessibility or accommodations at this event.
Inclement Weather: If the weather is questionable, please check the Emergency Closing Center website (http://www.emergencyclosingcenter.com) or radio stations WLPO, 1220 AM in LaSalle-Peru (http://www.am1220wlpo.com/ ) for announcements.
|Event Date||09-29-2021 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-29-2021 3:00 pm|
|Cut off date||09-22-2021 11:00 pm|