March 23-May 1 marks the 6 week window for alternate assessment testing with the new DLM-AA for grades 3-8 and 11.
OPTIONAL field testing is taking place throughout the school year.
The KITE Educator Portal can be accessed at: https://educator.cete.us/AART/logIn.htm
Initial KITE information is received by district Superintendents, then forwarded to District Test Coordinators, who in turn create logins for each test proctor. This email will be sent by KITE, with an "@KU.edu" address.
Information regarding the new Illinois Alternate Assessment can be found at:
Accessibility features will be available to all students, and four accommodations are also available. These accommodations must be documented in the student's IEP by content area (ELA/Math):
- Human Read Aloud
- Signed Interpretation of Text
- Test Administrator Enters Response for Student
- Team Defined
Prior to test administration, test proctors will need to complete required training modules, which are available in the Educator Portal once your user account is created.
DLM-AA Participation Guidelines can be found at:
Students who met the participation guidelines for the IAA, will automatically qualify for the DLM-AA.
The KITE client app for iPAD is now available for download in the App Store. Directions can be found at:
L.E.A.S.E. Website Updates
- An “IEP Tip of the Week” will be featured on the L.E.A.S.E. Homepage
- Preschool Screening dates and locations, with map/directions, are now included via Programs – Preschool – Upcoming Preschool Screening Dates
- Special Education Q&A for General Education Teachers document
iOS Guided Access ~ iPad, iPod, or iPhone Accessibility Features
Guided access allows you to lock open an app to prevent students from pushing the home button and exiting the app. It can also temporarily disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task. This feature will also disable the hardware buttons.
To begin tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
From there you can:
- Turn Guided Access on or off
- Set a passcode that controls the use of Guided Access
- Adjust sleep settings during Guided Access
To start a Guided Access session:
- Open the app you wish to use
- Triple click the home button
- Adjust settings as needed
- Click start
To disable app controls and areas of the screen:
- Circle any part of the screen you wish to disable
- Use the handles to adjust that area
To ignore all screen touches:
- Turn off Touch
To keep the device from switching from portrait to landscape, or to prevent response from other motions:
- Turn off motion
To end a Guided Access session:
- Triple click the Home button
- Enter your passcode